They say that if you really love something, let it go. If it comes back to you then it was meant to be. Well, something along those lines. So I decided to test that theory. I let chocolate go. For 30 whole days! And I’m so happy to say that it has come back into my life! 🙂 It was meant to be!
I finished the Whole30 Challenge! And it feels so good!
I guess I should say WE finished the challenge because Justin did it with me and he rocked it! I’m not going to lie, there were some tough days. Days I just wanted to stuff chocolate in my face to make everything feel better. (Obviously nothing would’ve been better had I done that.) But I never gave in. I didn’t have one piece of chocolate for 30 days! Among other things of coarse, but chocolate, that’s the accomplishment people! 🙂
So part of the challenge is to recognize your “non-scale victories” or “nsv.” So I want to share with you what some of mine were.
- Sugar cravings went way way down! For real, yesterday was the first day after the challenge and I didn’t want anything sweet. Crazy.
- No headaches! I was getting pretty bad and consistent headaches for a while leading up to doing this challenge. Like 3-4 days a week I would have bad ones. But I think I only had one during the challenge.
- No heartburn! I was also getting some crazy bad heartburn and acid reflux happening almost every day for a while before the challenge. I didn’t have it once in those 30 days!
- I slept harder/better at night and woke up feeling more rested.
- I had more energy all day long. No afternoon sluggish feelings.
- Bloating went away
- My clothes have started to fit a little better
- I feel like I was able to handle my stress better than usual. And January was a really stressful month for me, but I was able to be more rational about things and only worry about the things I knew I could tackle.
- I was able to get over a cold that was going through our family faster than ever! It only stuck around for like 2 days!
- This on is mostly one of Justin’s victories, but it’s also a huge victory for me! Justin stopped snoring! Almost completely! This is seriously a miracle! His snoring was getting so bad that it would wake me up in the middle of the night because he was so loud! He also made me so nervous some nights because I was afraid he wasn’t getting any air. Some nights I would go sleep on the air mattress in the other room. But within a week of this challenge, he had almost completely stopped snoring! He still snores a little every now and then but it’s nowhere near like his snoring was before! Amazing!
There are so many more things I could list but I don’t want to bore you anymore than I already have. But I feel like these are some pretty great victories!
Now, if you’re anything like me, you still want to know what that scale victory was. Losing weight with PCOS is SO hard and I was hoping that doing this challenge would really kickstart my weightless for me. And it totally did! I lost 10 pounds in that 30 days! I was really hoping for more than that but this was still a great loss for only changing my eating. I had planned on working out consistently during the challenge but for several reason, including being up all night with sick babies for two weeks straight, I was not consistent with exercise. I probably took the girls on walks twice during that time and that was the most exercise I got in the 30 days. So, losing 10 pounds with little to no exercise is pretty great right!? I think so! 🙂 It’s an awesome start.
If you’re curious to know what my husband lost… 16 pounds! And I can really see a physical difference in him as well! His face is already slimming down and he was able to wear shirts he hasn’t worn in a very long time! I’m so proud of him and grateful he did this along side me. He was a huge help.
We plan to continue eating similar to this but will add in a few things like oats, quinoa, some cheese, etc. And obviously, CHOCOLATE! But healthier versions of coarse! You may roll your eyes, but my life is not complete without a little chocolate people!
Now, to add the exercise plans in!
So please share! What are some of your favorite healthy meals? And what are some of your favorite at-home workouts?
Thanks for hanging out today! I hope you have a wonderful day!